PhD student (f/m/d)
The Institute of Cellular and Molecular Immunology of the University Medical Center Göttingen (UMG) is dedicated to basic and applied research as well as academic teaching. Our broad research interests focus on mechanisms of chronic inflammation and cancer as well as novel therapeutic strategies. To this end, we employ cell and organoid culture, preclinical animal models, patient specimens, various immunological methods, and imaging techniques.
As part of the DFG-funded project „Experimental strategies to reduce adverse effects of glucocorticoid therapy in ulcerative colitis“, we offer an exciting PhD position which is available at the earliest convenience. The successful candidate is expected to continue a preceding project on the role of the epithelial glucocorticoid receptor in ulcerative colitis and in colitis-associated colorectal cancer (Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 11, 1505) and now to focus on the analysis of new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of ulcerative colitis.Techniques involve animal experimentation, state-of-the-art in vitro models based on organoid culture as well as nanotechnology.
- Planning, organization and implementation of scientific studies
- Independent performance of experiments using methods including cell and organoid culture, molecular biology and immunological techniques, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, RNA-seq, animal experiments
- Independent evaluation and documentation of research data
- Participation in the structured PhD program of the Göttingen School for Neurosciences, Biophysics and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB)
- Participation in scientific events and presentation of results in seminar talks
- Very good University degree (equivalent diploma/master) in biology, molecular medicine or comparable
- Strong scientific motivation and personal initiative
- Experience in molecular and cell culture methods, ideally with organoids
- Interest and/or experience in animal experimentation
- (Very) good communication and writing skills in English
- Skills in teamwork and organization
- interdisciplinary scientific environment
- friendly and welcoming work environment
- international networking possibilities
- extensive advanced training and education and excellent internal health management
- varied and interesting benefits (e.g. inhouse day-care facility, attractive infrastructure, discounted railway tickets)
- competitive gross salary according to 50-65% of the German TV-L regulations for 3 years or more
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.