Research focuses at the UMG
Research in cardiovascular medicine is largely supported and organized by the Heart Center Göttingen, a clinical and scientific focus center of the UMG as well as the Heart Research Center Göttingen (HRGC), a multi-faculty and interdisciplinary research center of the UMG on the Göttingen Campus.
The clinical and scientific focus of cardiology in Göttingen is heart failure.
Cardiovascular medicine has a special visibility in basic research, among other reasons due to
- The International Research Training Group “Phosphorylation- and redox-mediated signalling mechanisms in the failing heart (IRTG 1816)”,
- The Collaborative Research Center “Modulatory Units in Heart Failure (CRC 1002) as well as
- Internationally funded projects, e.g., by the European Union and the Leducq Foundation.
Research fields under development are
- “Heart and Brain”
- Myocardial failure as a geriatric research focus
- Cardio-renal failure
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
This might also interest you