Notes for your stay
Access to the UMG building is possible without registration
- Patients are no longer required to wear a mask. Patients can continue to wear a mask voluntarily or on the advice of their attending physicians or according to the specifications of the specialist clinic for self-protection.
- Accompanying persons and visitors are still obliged to wear an FFP2 mask (exceptions: presentation of a medical certificate or children under 6 years of age).
- Presentation of a current, certified negative corona test is no longer required.
- Visitors will still be required to wear an FFP2 mask when entering University Hospital beginning March 1. The requirement for proof of a certified rapid corona test will no longer apply.
- Per patient - two visitors - for two hours per day.
- Visiting hours on normal wards are from 14:00-19:00 (last admission: 18:30), maternity wards 15:00-18:00.
- Visiting hours on special and intensive care units may differ. Please check with your ward in advance if necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
The UMG in numbers
Inpatients per year
Outpatients per year
The University Medical Center Göttingen – what makes us unique
The University Medical Center Göttingen (UMG) is made up of the Medical Faculty with research and teaching and the University Hospital with patient care. The combination of these three areas under one roof is unique in southern Lower Saxony and entails numerous positive interactions, such as the swift transfer of innovative therapy options into patient care and education. We would be pleased to introduce the three areas to you in the following.