Study course Master Molecular Medicine
Application for Winter term 2022/23 is not possible anymore.
Application for Winter term 2023/24 will be possible from December 1st 2022 to May 30th 2023.
Requirements for application in the MA study program of Molecular Medicine
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Molecular Medicine, biology, biochemistry or related fields (but not in medicine) [with at least 180 ECTS].
Non-native English speaking applicants have to demonstrate adequate competence of the English language by acceptable results in an internationally recognized test, for example by:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Advanced Placement International English Language (APIEL)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
However, participation in the prior stated tests is recommended but not mandatory. The interviewers can evaluate the language skills of the selected candidates during the personal interviews. Furthermore, a proven higher education in English or a reasonably long stay in an English-speaking country is also acceptable.
To apply for the Master's program "Molecular Medicine" you need the following documents:
- signed application form (will be sent to you via email, upload required within the application deadline)
- a "Transcript of records" showing the (elective) modules you have taken during your relevant Bachelor program (upload required within the application deadline)
- letter of motivation of max. 1000 words (upload required within the application deadline)
- a curriculum vitae in English or German with a meaningful description of your educational background and a photo of yourself (upload required within the application deadline))
- your final degree certificate (to be submitted by September 30th of the year of application)
- a language certificate not older than 3 years, if your native language is not English (to be submitted by September 30th of the application year)
Other documents (high school diplomas, proof of conference attendance, confirmations of lab work done, letters of reference, etc.) are not required for application.
Proof of Measles Protection
At the UMG, proof of measles protection is mandatory. Without proof of measles protection, it is not possible to enroll at the UMG.
If necessary, please use the time between your application and enrollment to get vaccinated or to refresh your vaccination status. The short period of time after admission to the university is usually not sufficient for this.
With the passing of the new measles protection law in the Bundestag in November 2019, all students of molecular medicine at the UMG are also required to prove their measles protection. Without proof of vaccinations or serological immune protection, the Faculty of Medicine will no longer be able to admit new students to the hospital for block internships, examination courses, etc. from March 1, 2020. Therefore, all future students have to provide a mandatory proof of their measles protection already when they enroll at the UMG.
Please EXCLUSIVELY use this form for proof of measles protection. The form needs to be signed by your doctor and uploaded to your application documents.