Small Animal Imaging
The Small Animal Imaging Unit is a technology platform at the University Medical Center Göttingen (UMG). Our services in the field of imaging in small animals can be used by working groups of the UMG as well as university and non-university cooperation partners, national and international, on the basis of collaboration and cost sharing.
The imaging techniques can be used for the following, not exclusive, examinations:
- Follow-up examinations of disease processes
- Evaluation of therapy efficacy
- Biodistribution of new therapies, molecular probes and contrast agents
- Phenotyping of transgenic and knock-out mice
- Stem cell tracking
- Functional examinations of individual organs
- Optimization of interventional techniques
In addition to anatomical and functional in vivo imaging, our support also includes the development of customized software solutions for various analyses of the imaging data.
We are also happy to assist you with the selection of the molecular probes and the evaluation of the imaging data.
Please contact us.