Medical Biometry and Statistical Bioinformatics
The Core Facility "Medical Biometry and Statistical Bioinformatics" (MBSB), positioned in the Department of Medical Statistics, is a Scientific Core Facility of the University Medical Center Göttingen. The task of this Scientific Core Facility is the biometrical and bioinformatical support of the institutions, working groups and Ph.D. students of the UMG with the planning and analysis of scientific studies and experiments. Depending on the available capacities, the service can also be used by other institutions of the University of Göttingen as well as non-university research institutions at the Göttingen Campus.
The Core Facility offers support regarding the following questions:
- Experimental planning, sample size planning
- Biometrical and bioinformatics concepts for funding applications
- Data management
- Statistical analysis of medical and biological data
- Bioinformatics analysis of medical and biological data (e.g., from Microarrays, Proteomics or NextGen-Sequencing)
- Analysis of sequencing data (e.g. RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Methyl-Seq, Metagenomic Data, Copy-Number-Changes)
- Methods and software development
- Interpretation of results
- Software consulting
- Visualization and representation of results
- Statistical Reporting
- Fixed consulting hours (Tuesdays 1 to 3 pm, at the institute of Medical Statistics).
- No appointment necessary.
- Support with short questions regarding biometrical or bioinformatics methods.
The costs are covered by the Core funding of the Scientific Core Facility.
Professional data analysis and study design
- Support with biometrical and bioinformatics planning and analysis of scientific experiments and studies.
- Booking via our webform www.ams.med.uni-goettingen.de/beratung/anmeldung/anmeldungservice.html.
- Depending on the nature and extent the service might give rise to project-specific charges.
These charges are solely used to refinance our service.
- Serves as support for using statistic and bioinformatic software.
- Takes place at a computer pool (CIP room in the institute of Medical Statistics).
- Carried out by student assistants.
- See http://www.ams.med.uni-goettingen.de/service-de.shtml for coaching times and further instructions.
The costs are covered by the base funding of the Scientific Core Facility.
Methods and software courses
- Special courses on biometrics or bioinformatics methods and software.
- Announced via the website www.ams.med.uni-goettingen.de/service-en.shtml of the core facility
Please contact the members of the core facility for further information.