To the UMG scientists researchers, the Research Management team offers support in implementing research ideas and projects as successfully as possible.
According to Section 22 of the Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (§22 des Niedersächsischen Hochschulgesetzes), members of the UMG (i.e. employees who work at least 50% of the regular working hours at the UMG) are entitled to carry out research projects, provided these have been announced in advance.
In close cooperation with the relevant central institutions, we support the conception and application of third-party funded research projects. In this way, we assist in avoiding typical errors during the application phase, such as formal errors or obvious underfunding. We also offer relief from the administrative processing of funded project.
Excerpt from our offer
- Information, advice and support in the project application to national funding agencies (DFG, BMBF, foundations etc.), as well as to the EU and international funding agencies (NIH, GIF, HFSP etc.)
- Support in the implementation of EU and international third-party funded projects
- Contact point for all queries about IP, Open Access, ethics and signing rights
- Legal advice and contract management (consortium and cooperation contracts, confidentiality agreements, etc.)
- Assistance to scholarship holders (DAAD, Humboldt Foundation etc.)