Since October 2015, the Faculty of Medicine offers the new master program “Cardiovascular Science”. The program awards the internationally recognized degree "Master of Science" (M.Sc.). The Master Program in "Cardiovascular Science" starts in October of each year (winter term).

Application for winter term 2021/2022 is open! 

Please start you application process here!

Application documents

To apply for a place on the Cardiovascular Science programme, you will need the following documents:

  • signed application form (will be sent to you by email, upload required within the application deadline)
  • a "Transcript of records" showing the (elective) modules you have taken during your relevant Bachelor's degree programme (upload required within the application deadline)
  • a curriculum vitae in English or German with a meaningful description of your educational background and a photo of yourself (upload required within the application deadline)
  • letter of motivation of max. 1000 words (upload required within the application deadline)
  • your final degree certificate (to be submitted by 30 September of the year of application)
  • language certificate not older than 2 years if your native language is not English (to be submitted by 30 September of the year of application)

Further documents (high school certificates, proof of participation in conferences, confirmation of laboratory work, letters of reference, etc.) are not required.

Requirements for Master Cardiovascular Science

Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent degree in molecular medicine, biology, biochemistry or related fields.
For applicants holding a MBBS, MD etc. please note: this is a scientific masters programm and it´s not equivalent to a consultant training!
Applicants who are not native speakers of English should demonstrate adequate competence of the English language by acceptable results on an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, APIEL, CPE). Applicants who have been taught through English for the majority of their courses (college or university) do not need to submit results from a standardized test. However, it is recommended that they attach an official statement (signed by an official of the college or university, e.g. the dean's or registrar's office) which indicates that English was the medium of instruction.  For all other applicants it is recommended that they submit proof of their English proficiency.
No proof of English proficiency by an English test is required for applicants

  • who are native English speakers
  • who have resided for a reasonable period in an English speaking Country
  • who come from an anglophone country 

Follow us